Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

So what's everyone up to?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: So what's everyone up to?   Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:24 am

Seems like we have been silent on here forever!!!

I know I've been busy with the kitchen..a project that is taking me forever! (Or so it seems) I guess with a major transformation such as this though..it's not an overnight thing. Besides all that, when you have to paint both sides of 19 doors..with the limited space that i have..that makes for a long haul!

I do know, I"m going to have to buy more paint. I'm done with all the doors and cabinets, and I may have just enough paint to finish the trim with. Which means..buying another gallon to do the mixing for the walls! Ahh well..what is is..

It's raining here...has been since yesterday and is expected to rain all weekend (trust me..this does NOT help paint dry!)
Today I' heading down to see girlchild and squishy ..Smile We may just run into a lowes today so I can pick up the other gallon of paint!
Over the weekend, I'm hoping to get all the trim work finished. then all the walls finished. My goal..to have my kitchen done by the weekends end. (yeah right!)

So anyway..nuff bout me..What are YOU Guys in to??

and if He cannot turn their hearts
may He turn their ankles
that we may know them by their limping.

~Irish Prayer

http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
LeaShi

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: So what's everyone up to?   Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:56 am

Not a whole lot to report here. Ciannon and I have been running the roads this week. Tuesday we did some shopping for my garden and bought groceries as well. Yesterday we went for her 4 month doctor's appointment only to find that even though the receptionist told me the 25th (I have the card to prove it), she actually put us down for today, the 26th. I was slightly peeved because it's about a 45 min. drive to the doctor (damned Tricare), but since we were already out and halfway there, I decided to go to the bank and JCPenney's. So now I have the paperwork to add Niel to my savings account so we can start saving money for Ciannon (when she's old enough, we'll make an account of her own for her and put what we've saved in there). I also got a desperately needed haircut (who knew JCPenney's had a salon?) and a new pair of jeans with the gift card Niel gave me for Christmas. Ciannon was very good the whole time, so I think she'll be alright when we make our big trip to SC in a few weeks.

Other than that, I've been working on and off to get the loft finished. I'm hoping to get it done before Niel's dad arrives on the 9th, but I won't get too bent out of shape if I don't. I've also picked out the color for my bedroom, and one of these days I'll go get the paint mixed and get the place painted. I'm also working on some paintings for my bedroom and putting up birdhouses in the backyard. Hopefully I'll get it all done. We'll see.

Congrats on the progress you've made. I've got my fingers crossed for you to get it done!

www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Lightfoot
Admin

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: So what's everyone up to?   Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Look at you two go with your painting and decorating. Wish I had something so fun to report. It seems it's been one thing or another since the beginning of the year. I had an aunt get really sick, ended up with emergency surgery and then on the ventilator. Before we could get her home a cousin ended up in ICU, then shipped to Panama City. He ended up having an Aortic valve replacement. Must of been the thing to do since Robbin Williams and Barbara Bush had theirs done at the same time.

There's been a host of other minor illnesses and family stuff going on too. I saw no reason to bore y'all with the details so I didn't mention it. All in all, I'm exhausted. And honestly, I've been consciously limiting my computer time, or trying to, so that I can accomplish things around the house. I do make a run through here near about daily, just to check on y'all.

K8 McCridhe

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: So what's everyone up to?   Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:27 pm

And I chime in a month later...
Been laid off since January 17.
A week after I got Stray out of the hospital from a mini-stroke. He's mostly back to normal, his hand gets week and he once in a while forgets what word matches what he's trying to tell me.
Oh... and we probably finally figured out what was wrong with his feet...
What he was blaming on an allergy to nuts, and then most lately an allergy to chocolate.
Chilblains... only they got infected and ulcerated.
They've been clearing up some since my sister finally got an idea of what I was grumbling about. I didn't buy an allergy, and I didn't buy gout... they just didn't match.
Of course, that danged stroke didn't exactly match, either...
Question Exclamation Question Exclamation Question
Ahem...

Anyrate, as I said, I've been laid off from that contract that was supposed to last at least a year. But I got laid off after 3 months and I'm stuck in this lease until October. With an uninsured hospital bill...
affraid Ooooooh goody.

Anyrate, if any of you folks know a company that could use an experienced drafter/designer, switch hitter on MicroStation and AutoCAD plus some various acquaintences of other programs... *waving* Here I am!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightfoot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what's everyone up to?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:45 pm

Sorry about Stray's stroke but glad he's doing ok. Sorry to hear about you getting laid off, too. That's gotta be nerve wracking. Good luck on the job hunt.

MandaMae

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: So what's everyone up to?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:44 am

Wow Kate I hope Stray's doing better and I'm sorry about your job. I swear when it rains it pours...

I've been busy around here. Jason's going to be home in a few weeks so I'm trying to recover the children's mess around the house....

And the car just cost me VERY pretty pennies..... *sigh* Good news is that we'll be home for a few days to see my youngest brother graduate. He's the only one besides myself to walk out of the 6 of us. And I'm putting my foot down to stay until Tristan's 1st birthday. I may have had to give birth in NY but we're celebrating him in the SOUTH darnit LOL

My brother graduates the 11th and Tristan's birthday is the 13th so I don't see why we should drive back and make family miss it when we're right there. Anywho I've been missing you guys.... we need to get in here more often ladies!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mistressangel1983
Sage
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what's everyone up to?   Fri May 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Well wishes for Stray!! Have had a few of those 'strokes' around our family too..You take care Kate..and take care of Stray!

Well..I've been recouping since our vacation to the mountains. I've been busier then a one armed man in a paper hanging contest, and can't seem to get any time on the puter. Funny thing is, I don't see much around here accomplished either. GO figure!

We did go last weekend and purchase a new bed (mattress and box) and I'm LOVIN' it..hubby is still getting used to it. (I figure it's his turn, cuz his bed has killed me for the last two years, now..I'm on a 'firm' again and sleepin' like a baby!) WOOHOO!

Anyway..I've got tons of 'makeover crafts' to do and they call my name daily, but every day, I ignore them! We are dealing with a 'runaway' Baxter and now preparing to put electric on top of the new fence just to keep this stray at home! It never ends.
Scotts back has gotten bad bad, and he will more then likely have to be in surgery before summer is out. He has another appointment next week..and they are gonna talk about surgery. Oyevey. Not sure what that will bring, so we'll see about that.

Hope everyone is doing good..check the blogs for updated pics of the beautiful babies..

may He turn their ankles

~Irish Prayer

Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what's everyone up to?   Wed May 06, 2009 9:47 am

Ouch! Sorry to hear about Scott's back. Find a really, really good surgeon. Ask around. Ask the nurses! So the wandering Baxter did return? And left again too, apparently.

I don't think I've done anything but work since I got back. I just finished 7 days in a row and did 4, 12 hour shifts during that 7. Three of them in a row! I'm a little exhausted! Sleep

The only reason I'm out of bed is I'm taking my "step-daughter" as she calls herself, to the beach, even if it is cloudy. I figure I can veg there as well as on the couch here. And it's the middle of the week so there won't be many folks there. Very Happy

And just found out that not only are we not getting a raise this year, (makes 4 years since we've had one), our state idiots decided to cut by 2% anyone making over $45,000/yr. I guess we're supposed to be happy it isn't 5% like they originally talked about. Wonder how many Docs, nurses, lawyers, etc. will go back to making more money in the private sector. Needless to say, I'm taking advantage of the over time!

When I got back from my lovely vacation, I found out there is going to be an opening in the ER on days. Before I knew I'd even thought it, out my mouth came, "I want that spot." Where did that come from? I've had no desire to go to days. I like evenings. I've passed up many opportunities for day shift. Just as I was vacillating and about to decide I didn't want it, the other day shift ER nurse turned in his notice. I took it as a sign and applied. Of course, they have to replace me on evenings, or at least replaced the other nurse who went to days (everyone seems to be moving around at work). Hopefully, I can get moved before the end of summer. I'm really wanting some normal hours. Downside is, I loose my shift differential, but it's not that much. With all the money that I'm loosing at work, I figure some must be coming to me from somewhere else, right?

Sage
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what's everyone up to?   Mon May 11, 2009 6:54 am

Hey girly..I've been meaning to ask you for weeks now..HOW"S THE LEG??

Wanda has asked several times if I've talked to you and everyday I say..'no'..but I will call her, then by the time I remember it again..it's late and I know you're at work! ARGH!! (getting old will do that ya know!)

Well..update on the surgery..Yep..it's being scheduled within the next month. He's been put on short term disability at work already and has been home since last Thursday. We've stayed busy doing this and that..visiting for Mothers Day and so on..He'll be out of work for appx 6 months to a year (doc said closer to the year).
Will let you know when the final date is set.

may He turn their ankles

~Irish Prayer

Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what's everyone up to?   Mon May 11, 2009 12:09 pm

Leg is much better though there's still a scabby area. I went to the doc Monday after I got back and he gave me Septra though he felt my own body was beginning to fight it off. (You should have seen the hole in my leg by Tuesday!) We both agreed it was MRSA, which I suspected. MRSA is Methacillin Resistant Staph. Aureaus. It's one of the superbugs you hear about. I'm not surprised, since not only am I exposed to it on a practically daily basis at work, but it's become so common that @ least 4 members of my family have had it. Wash your hands with soap and water folks! And the waterless hand sanitizers want kill it. ONLY soap and water. And once you have it, it's basically for life. Which means if I ever have surgery, I'll have to take some really strong antibiotics. In fact I had 4 more spots pop up near the original one while I was on antibiotics. I had some Bactroban to put on it and that stopped it. Nasty stuff.

I'm so sorry to hear Scott is going to be out of work for so long! I'm glad he has short term disability through work. It will probably be a cut in income but it sure is better than nothing. Home for 6 months to a year? Wow! You'll have to go to work to get a break! LOL! I'll try to give you a call soon.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what's everyone up to?   

Back to top Go down

So what's everyone up to?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sagewood Country :: The Courtyard :: The Front Porch-
Jump to: