Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ok, so these aren't handmade...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Ok, so these aren't handmade...   Fri May 09, 2008 8:59 pm

But they look like they could be! Check out the neat little ornaments I got for $7 on ebay:

I told ya I'd post pictures of my ebay wins. Don't they look like someone handpainted them? I think they'll look great on my tree. I'm so excited to have them, because they remind me of Christmas when I was a child. They should fit right in with the handcrafted Christmas theme we're doing this year.

www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
MandaMae

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so these aren't handmade...   Fri May 09, 2008 10:58 pm

Those are cute!!

I stick to the traditional ornaments from my childhood. My mom gave me all that stuff so I have ornaments from like 3 or 4 generations back.. my tree is less fun cuz it's more of a don't touch tree...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/mistressangel1983
Lightfoot
Admin

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so these aren't handmade...   Sat May 10, 2008 6:46 am

Those are cute ornaments!

And Manda....Your kids are little only once. Let them have a tree with ornaments they can hang for a few years. Bring out the don't touch stuff when they're older. If you must have some of your favorites from childhood, put up a smaller tree on a table somewhere and make that the don't touch tree. They'll feel grown up in a few years when they can start to hang mommie's "special" ornaments on their tree.

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so these aren't handmade...   Mon May 12, 2008 8:28 pm

Hooray! My second set of ornaments came today! I'm so proud, because I paid $5.24 for these ornaments, and the box showed the original sticker price to be $19.99!

And speaking of a don't touch tree, that's part of the reason I got these ornaments. I had a lot of glass stuff that I didn't like as much, and I wasn't comfortable with the chance that my kid could hurt themselves on a broken ornament. With these, if they happen to break it's easy enough to glue them back together, and there won't be any sharp edges. So not only do I love these ornaments for nostalgic reasons, Christmas can also be much more of a hands-on experience for the little one.

www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Lightfoot
Admin

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so these aren't handmade...   Tue May 13, 2008 1:29 am

They're cute. Smile

K8 McCridhe

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so these aren't handmade...   Fri May 23, 2008 1:00 am

Laughing
Funny... my family always had the heirloom ornaments, and they always went up on the tree, kids or no kids.
And we always participated in tree decoration... as soon as we were old enough to stand steady and place an ornament.
The ornaments all had stories - even the paper ornaments from the Depression.
Certain ornaments were left to Mom & Dad to place... that was part of the tradition.
Tree decorating was a party.
We were admonished to be careful.
And we were, 'cause we were afraid that we'd not be allowed to participate if we broke ornaments (altho that happens no matter what, and we were always forgiven in a good natured teasing way, none the less, you feel pretty bad when you know the story of an ornament you just broke...).
We were shown how to clean up carefully... maybe it took a couple of years before that was part of the consequences of breaking an ornament, but I do recall Mom sternly instructing me on safely cleaning up the broken glass, and she was a whole lot taller than I was.
That was just one of those skills that a kid was expected to learn in those days...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so these aren't handmade...   

Back to top Go down

Ok, so these aren't handmade...
Page 1 of 1